Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Roisin of Ireland

I am Roisin, a daughter of the Goddess Dana.

I am of the people Tuatha De Danaan, the Sidhe (pronounced shee) race, we were once angels, cast to earth from heaven as punishment for our pride.

Our land is Tir Na Og, the land of perpetual youth and beauty, where there is no death or disease. Our palaces of gold can be found under the lakes and in the depths under the hills.

We are a people of joy. There is dance and music, laughter and song among our kin.You may be more familiar with others of my kin: the banshee who comes to herald impending death, and the leprechaun, the shoemaker who has more of a reputation for being a prankster.

You may see me dancing in the fairy circles, in my dress of emerald, my golden hair trailing every movement. If you look closely you may notice me amongst the flowers in the garden, in particular my flower - the rose.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome Beloved Roisin!
From the mountainside where the Aspen boughs twine and tremble, I watch you dance in your faeryring of Roses and my heart is glad. Your presence is a blessing on this land.
The Lady Elizia of Dryadwood Hall

 

Post a Comment

<< Home