Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Another Story of Vi's . . . still drifting in my mind

Vi - this is off the wall, but do you remember a piece that you wrote (maybe 2002?) that I said reminded me of the e.e.cummings poem about the goat-footed balloon man? It seems to me it was set at a beach and it involved a bench . . . something that disappeared . . . part of the reason I ask is that though I can’t remember the particulars of the story, the feeling of it has never left me. I remembered it when I painted this picture called “Eating a Rainbow.”

In Just-
in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and
the

goat-footed

balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee

-- e. e. cummings

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Thanks, Winnie, I love this mud-luscious, puddle-wonderful spring poem. I also like the spacing. As you can see, I'm not that familiar with e.e. cummings.

(Vi has the knack of writing things we remember.)

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Actually, Winnie, you're thinking of a dream. It was the most
vivid and colorful dream I ever had. I wrote it down as I often do and post it here for you to see it again.

I love the unusual poem ... you remember some of the details very well after so long a time.

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home