Friday, May 20, 2005

Enchanted Images

Oh yes, Vi! This is it! I remember it for the simple reason that it is incredibly memorable. You can see why the e.e. cummings poem jumped out at me! It IS his balloon man! This may have begun as a dream, Vi, but what it is now is a prose-poem, the images so marvelous. I am copying it immediately to my “Very Important Work” file so I don’t loose it again! The images from this dream have ended up in several of my paintings. It predates “Elk Woman” and I’m quite sure I remembered something of this poem when I painted her, in her forest, with her candle. I will add “Larkin’s Doors” check out the crags in the surf outside the window. Fingers pointing to the sky. Shakespeare Crags! I had forgotten about “Everyone is a Princess” though I don’t now how, since it is quite the point, isn’t it?

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

It was a special dream, Winnie. The most vivid I can remember. What's more, when I awoke, I remembered it so clearly and had such a feeling of well-being. I felt so happy.

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home